Do You Have a Personal Real Estate Agent?
If you’re planning on buying real estate, statistics prove that you’ll be more successful in finding your dream home at the right price with your own personal real estate agent.
Even if you’ve already done some shopping around on your own and checked out a few open houses or called the number on a For Sale sign to schedule a private viewing of that property, you can still use your own personal Real Estate Agent to help you get the best price.
Your Real Estate Agent Works for You
A Real Estate Agent, especially one who knows the local market well (like I do), can help you find and buy your ideal home, quickly, and make the entire process go smoothly for you. During a viewing, your real estate agent will give you the inside scoop on that property, so you know the full story. Your real estate agent will also point out desirable features, and potential “issues”, that you might otherwise miss.
When it comes time to make an offer, your real estate agent will present and negotiate it on your behalf. If you don’t have your own real estate agent, you would have to deal directly with the seller’s agent, who is legally obliged to work in the seller’s best interests – not yours.
Bottom line: Your own personal Real Estate Agent is there for you, every step of the way. At least, that’s how I work with my clients.
What to Look for in a Real Estate Agent
When buying a home, you want a Real Estate Agent who…
- Takes the time to understand your real estate needs and goals, so you have a true partner in your home buying journey.
- Explains everything clearly and answers your real estate questions, so you’re never in the dark.
- Has expertise and a track record of success in the local real estate market.
- Knows how to find great real estate properties in your price range.
- Will alert you to new real estate listings, quickly, so you get the jump on those opportunities.
- Will advise you on the best price to offer for the real estate property you want.
- Will prepare and present the real estate offer, and skillfully negotiate such things as price, conditions, closing dates, etc. so you get the best deal.
- Will save you potentially thousands of dollars by ensuring you don’t overpay for the real estate property you want.
- Will recommend reputable home inspectors, movers and other real estate professionals you may need.
Not every real estate agent offers all of these services. My clients say that I do. They also tell me how much they appreciate my professionalism, expertise and accessibility.
Next Step – Selecting the Right Real Estate Agent
The best way to select the right real estate agent, is to meet with him or her in person. Ask questions. See if there is a good fit.
To schedule an appointment with me, your local real estate expert, please call or email. If it’s more convenient for you, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.